🔥 Eventex B2B Match is now live — join online April 17-18
Early bird registrations for Eventex 2024 at exclusive rates - Book a free consultation call
The "Top 100 Event Organizers & Agencies" for 2023 are here - see thе full list
The "Top 100 Event Organizers & Agencies" for 2023 are here - see thе full list
November 29, 2016

The Formula for Efficient Learning & Networking

The Formula for Efficient Learning & Networking

Events should ideally be about meeting like-minded people in order to stay in the loop when it comes to new skills, ideas, job opportunities or trends. But lot of event organisers leave participants to their own devices when it comes to education and networking. Тhis is why so many events are a hit-and-miss and why some professionals may find the experience superficial or even stressful.

We have created the 80/20 format with networking and learning in mind.

Disclaimer: This is not about the Pareto rule which states that “for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes,” even though this principle can be applied to pretty much every aspect of business and life management.The idea is about a different approach to conferencing altogether - a unique new way to get more value from the event by dedicating 80% of the time to masterclasses and the remaining 20% to a mash session.Here are 4 reasons why the 80/20 format is a winning formula when it comes to acquiring new skills and contacts:

Smaller groups


Each masterclass will take place within a cozy small group (up to 30 people), allowing you to freely communicate with the lectors and each other. The quality and dynamics of the learning process are obviously different within smaller groups, but this environment also inspires communication and interaction.

The perfect ice breaker


Ask any meeting facilitator, networking works better when there is a common activity and interest.Getting to know people throughout the course of the day will help you build trust and learn more about each other’s backgrounds. Each masterclass will include activities, exercises and discussions, specifically designed to break the ice.We can guarantee, by the end of the day, during the mash session, there will be no Billies-no-mates.

Targeted networking


With the 80/20 format, you get the best of both worlds - interacting with individuals with similar creative and professional interests while mingling with a diverse crowd from the event industry.The 12 creative masterclasses divided according to relevant business clusters are the perfect meeting point to learn, collaborate and mingle. At the end of the day, you also have the opportunity to interact with the entire Eventex crowd during the mash session where you’ll exchange knowledge and ideas about each topic covered throughout the day and the industry as a whole. This will help you easily identify people of interest and high-value prospects.

Play first, work later


Because the Eventex Awards Night usually comes before the main event, this is yet another opportunity for everyone in attendance to loosen up, meet people and celebrate some of the greatest achievements in the Events Industry of the past year.And if you crave the dessert before the main course, just drop us a line.Explore the Eventex Masterclass menu and book a spot at the table of extraordinary Event Profs!Looking forward to seeing all at Croke Park 24-26 January, 2017.

Enter the World's #1 Awards forEvents and Experience Marketing

Early registration for Eventex Awards 2025 is now open.