- Categories refresh and several cutting edge new categories added to reflect the new dawn of the metaverse and use of NFTs in events.
- Score normalization – we’re introducing score normalization – a mathematical formula to ensure that every entry is scored based on the same set of standards, regardless of how many judges are evaluating the program submissions. Essentially, it helps reduce variation in judging by standardizing each judge’s scores.
- Year-round offer of 5 for 3 – entries across all categories for the entire registration period.
- There is no limit on the number of entries a company can enter the competition with.
- The initially registered category of an entry can be changed upon request at any time before the final submission of the entry.
- The eligibility period is from 1 March 2021 to 24 February 2023.
- Entries must be submitted in English via the official awards-management software used for the competition – Evalato. Access is provided upon registration.
1 March 2021 to 24 February 2023
27 Jan 2023
24 Feb 2023
Jury and public voting
Top Event Organizers & Agencies Index
Our team has spent years perfecting the evaluation process to make sure your entries get fair and balanced scores.
Upon submission each entry is assessed to ensure all the fields are filled out in accordance with the requirements and that the entry meets the eligibility criteria. If an entry is approved, it continues into the evaluation phase. Rejected entries receive feedback from our team on why the entry got rejected and how to make the necessary changes for re-submission. Last minute entries that get rejected are not eligible for re-submission.
All approved entries in a category are then evaluated on their own merit, based on the set criteria. The final score of an entry is the total average score from the ratings given by each jury member in the category.
Every year we invite experts and professionals from the world of events to form our jury panel – from event magazine journalists and heads of associations, to representatives of convention bureaus, top influencers and thought leaders, each with an in-depth understanding of the industry’s ever-changing landscapes.
Each entry is evaluated by a panel of 4 – 8 judges, within a set of categories assigned in accordance with their field of expertise. The process ensures that any affiliations of a judge with any of the competing entries are taken into consideration, and respectively no judges are assigned categories where such entries are present.
Starting with Eventex Awards 2023, we’re introducing an even fairer scoring system. Score normalization uses a mathematical formula to ensure that every entry is scored based on the same set of standards, regardless of how many judges are evaluating the program submissions. Essentially, it helps reduce variation in judging by standardizing each judge’s scores.
A simple example of why this is much needed is when one judge has a more critical view, while another is more generous and wishes to give generally higher scores. This is less of an issue if all judges score all submissions, as such discrepancies do not bias the average score. However, more often than not, judges score only subsets of applications and in order to account for the differences, we apply this formula to normalize the scores across all judges.
The mathematical technique relies on two separate measures of distribution to level the playing field. It balances scores prior to calculating the average score for each submission to account for this natural variation between judges. The process of how score normalization and the mathematical formula work is explained in detail here.
Criteria & Weights
Entries are scored based on 3 key criteria:
For Events, Brand Experiences, Virtual Events & Experiences, Marketing, Communications & Strategy, Use of Technology:
Creativity & Innovation
Objectives, Planning & Execution
Effectiveness & Results
For Event Technology, Suppliers
Creativity & Innovation
Achievements & Results
Winning an award
During the evaluation process there are no restrictions on the number of awards that can be bestowed. As many or as few entries could be awarded per category as the jury deems appropriate and as their voting score determines. This ensures that entries do not compete against each other but on their own merit.
An entry needs to score 70 or more points to be awarded.
- Platinum Award – 91 – 100 points
- Gold Award – 81 – 89 points
- Silver Award – 76 – 80 points
- Bronze Award – 70 – 75 points
Once the winners are announced, everything is made public so your entries can become a showcase of the best practices, the most original ideas, and the top innovations in the world of events.
People’s Choice Awards
Each awards track has its own People’s Choice Award where the winners are decided by public voting. By entering at least 1 category, you also automatically enter the respective People’s Choice category for that track for free.
What winners get
All winners get the opportunity to order a commemorative eco-friendly trophy to mark their achievement.
All winners also get
- Certificate of excellence
- Digital seal for your website, email signature, ads, etc
- PR materials provided for your own use
- Promotional campaign of your work via our social media and other channels
- Points for the ranking on the Eventex “Top Event Organizers & Agencies” Index
- Universal recognition of your work